Saturday, November 17, 2012

I Need to Polish My Marketing Skills

I had my book talk today in Duvall, and four people stopped by to chat with me. I thought that was great considering the only way I "advertised" were through Facebook, my press release on my blog (I missed the deadline to get it in the local papers), and random last-minute mentions to friends and family. The weather was pretty terrible as well, so there wasn't a whole lot of foot traffic to snag coming into the little ice cream shop.

Even though turn out was disappointing, I do know that there is interest in my novel. And the more people who are interested, the more people they will tell and become interested. I would have loved to talk to people about the trials and tribulations of self-publishing, and what inspired me to write this book, but I was grateful for the few that took the time to chat with me one-on-one about writing in general! Because of this, I'm thinking I might do another book talk in the New Year and focus more on the writing part.

For anyone who wanted to stop by but couldn't, or didn't hear about it (sorry, my bad!!), I will be at Country Collections in Duvall on Saturday, December 1, working the store. Please feel free to stop by and say hello, and chat about anything book-related. Your support is always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment